My futuristguy blog houses a lot of material that shows the history leading up to the books in the Opal Design Systems curriculum. This has been a long-term project to organize 20 years of research and writing on church, culture, and healthy systems into a manageable amount and an accessible format for people with different learning styles. As you might imagine, it has morphed over the years.
The most current outlines can be found here, in the sub-pages under this Opal Design Systems Files page. (See the expanded outline below.)
The version before that can be found in the home page of Opal Design Systems [old] and its sub-pages.
For an overview of the initial version, see the page on Cultural Curriculum Project. It has sections on the background of the project, curriculum components, milestones, and possibilities I thought might come to pass after the curriculum got finished.
- About Opal Design Systems
- What Makes These Resources Unique?
- About the Developer
The Birth of “Opal Design Systems”
Why the Opal?
- Gems of Observation
- Diamonds,Opals , and Some Intriguing Differences
- And … Some “So What’s” of the Differences
- The Opal Connection Zone ~ Core Elements List of 30 Concepts and 15 Skills
- The Opal Connection Zone ~ Building the Big Picture
- Humanity in The Opal Zone: Introducing Eight Human Universals That Frame Our Stories
- Embracing Humanity: Key Tools and Skills
- Individuality in The Opal Zone: Introducing Formation, Integration, and Maturation
- Embracing Individuality: Key Tools and Skills
- Community in The Opal Zone: Introducing Two Concept Clusters that Affect Our Connecting
- Embracing Community: Key Tools and Skills
- Organizationality in The Opal Zone: Introducing Three Concept Clusters that Affect Our Ministry Systems
- Embracing Organizationality: Key Tools and Skills
- Introduction to Culturology, Ecology, and Futurology Skills
- Culturology in The Opal Zone: Introducing How Processes and People Alter Our Stories
- Embracing Culturology: Key Tools and Skills
- Ecology in The Opal Zone: Introducing Viability, Reproducibility, and Flexibility
- Embracing Ecology: Key Tools and Skills
- Futurology in The Opal Zone: Introducing Strategic Foresight for a Constructive Kingdom Trajectory
- Embracing Futurology: Key Tools and Skills
Theory Behind Opal Design Systems
Opal Systems Technical Overview
- Paradigm Elements
Fractals and the “Espresso of the Thing”
- Espresso as a Coffee Fractal
- Tea-Tasting and Fractals
Opal Design Systems ~ The Theoretical Model
- Five Components of The Opal Design Systems
Opal Pyramid (“Cultural GPS”)
Opal Profiles (Assessment Tools)
Opal Design Systems Training Curriculum
Opal Encounters, Immersions, and Expeditions
Overview of Course #1 – Safe Houses for God’s People
Course #1: Safe Houses for God’s People ~ Confronting Abusive Leaders, Malignant Ministries,
Topics in Course #1
- Introduction and My Own Experiences
- For survivors of spiritual abuse.
- For everyday disciples.
- For leadership teams.
- For the congregation.
- For the larger Christian “eco-system.”
- For the Kingdom – salt and light in the world.
Final Integrative Exercise
What Makes This Training Course on “Malignant Ministry” Unique?
- For Survivors of Spiritual Abuse, and Their Personal Support Network
- For Organizational Designers and Developers
Overview of Course #2 ~ Opal Design for Robust Ministries
Topics in Course #2
- Theologically Missional ~ The “Why” of Opal Design
- Culturally Contextual ~ The “Where and When” of Opal Design
- Personally Intercultural ~ The “Who” of Opal Design
- Socially Transformation ~ The “What” of Opal Design
- Relationally Safe, Methodologically Holistic, Generationally Sustainable ~ The “How” of Opal Design
- Final Immersion Learning Experience
Overview of Missional Metrics Resource Suite
Basic Outline of Missional Metrics